As a former competitive martial artist, Dr. Daryl understands that what you eat and drink affects your performance. Every sport is different and every athlete has different goals. A well-balanced nutrition program tailored to your body and your sport can make a big difference.
An effective nutrition plan will address many strategic factors including:
- Performance vs. recovery
- Metabolism, muscle building blocks and fat storage
- Proteins vs. carbs
- Vitamin and mineral supplements
- Caffeine and alcohol considerations
- Omnivore, vegetarian and vegan lifestyles
Athletes often come to Dr. Daryl with a directive from their coach to “Eat better.” It’s hard to know what that means without a good understanding of not only nutrition, but also of the biomechanics required for the specific sport. Dr. Daryl will take you through a thorough assessment of your current food habits and performance levels, and will help you set some goals for improvement.
You and Dr. Daryl will lay out a strategy that may, among other things, include:
- When to eat your meals
- The proper balance for each meal
- How and when you should hydrate
- The enhancement potential of supplements
- What to eat on training/game days and rest days
- Recipes that can improve performance and reduce inflammation
Dr. Daryl is certified in exercise nutrition and is here to help you be the best athlete you can be.